Monday, September 6, 2010

Note to the Teacher

With school starting up again, I wanted to send a little note to my son's preschool teacher on the first day of school. Nothing's more perfect than an apple for the teacher! I recently purchased the Grandpa's Organic Farm SVG Collection from SVG Cuts for another project that I'm working on and thought that this apple in the set would be perfect.




In order to make it into a card, I copied the base layer in MTC and then transformed it into the mirror image.  Then I chose to weld them along the leaf and the side of the apple and I had the base of my card!  Just a few cuts later of the leaf (BOBUNNY- Clover Dot), the stem (My Mind's Eye- Dark Brown Polka Dots) and the Apple (red texture) and my apple was complete!

FYI- The cutting file does not make the leaf and stem separately like I have here.  All I did was to cut the form out of each color and then cancel the cutting after the piece I was looking for was complete in order to save paper.

I added the ribbon around the stem (I had to cut behind the red layer on the form to slip the ribbon closer to the stem) and I think that it's a pretty cute note to the teacher!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment